HNJH participates with these insurance providers
- • Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan • Medicaid
- • Blue Care Network • Medicare
- • Cigna • Medicare Plus Blue
- • Healthy Michigan Plans • Multiplan
- • Humana • United Health Care
- • LMAS Breast & Cervical Program • Upper Peninsula Health Plan (UPHP)
- • HealthyMI • Wausau
If you have a question about a specific insurance, please contact a member of our Billing Staff (listed at the right).
If you have a question regarding an insurance not listed here, please contact Patient Accounts.
Patient Accounts may be reached by calling either Lorna Honeysette at 906-293-9115 or Traci Brown at 906-293-9123.
Frequently Asked Insurance Questions
- What is a deductible?
A deductible is a set dollar amount that you pay before your insurance plan begins reimbursement.
The deductible is the patient's responsibility.
- What is a co-payment?
A co-payment is the portion of your health care expenses that is not covered by your insurance.
The co-pay is the patient's responsibility.
- What is co-insurance?
A set percentage of the total charge/charges of your healthcare expenses that are not covered by your insurance.
The co-insurance percentage is the patient's responsibility.
- What other bill may I receive?
In addition to the bill from HNJH you may receive a bill from the doctor or other doctors whom provided services to you.
- Why didn't my insurance pay?
You will need to contact your insurance company/companies or refer to your Explanation of Benefits (EOB).